7 Things You Promise Your Pets Over Thanksgiving Break
As we all venture homewards, our snapchat stories and Instagram profiles fill with videos and perfectly captured moments of none other than our pets, our greatest loves, all perfectly happy and excited now that their favorite owner has returned to the house. We give them all our love and thankfulness, and in return, they give us slobbering kisses and quiet snuggles in front of the TV screen that we’ve been missing for three months now. With our hearts swept away again by our favorite furry creatures, we get a little reckless with our promises.
1) “I’ll never leave you again.”
Not only is this illogical and impossible, given classes start up again on Monday, it’s also a flat out lie. Of course we will be leaving again. Our favorite companion doesn’t need to know that, though, and we’re good enough at pretending that our farewell tears will be masked well enough that they won’t pick up on them until it’s too late.
2) “And not only will I never leave you, I’ll cuddle you forever.”
While this is more accurate for the smaller pets than the larger ones, it’s still a promise we make. No, I won’t be leaving this couch ever again. And yes, you have dibs on the spot next to me and on my lap for the rest of time.
3) “Even when I have to pee, I will remain here.”
We tell our pets as they sit curled up against us, perfectly content for the first time since we’ve left, that we won’t move. Not ever. Not even in the case of an emergency. No, I’m not trying to leave, your fur is just making me a little sweaty. And speaking of which—
4) “I will keep myself under this blanket because it is your favorite blanket.”
Despite a slight heatstroke and a gradually increasing fever, we all guarantee and absolutely vow to keep the blanket wrapped around us because it is your favorite blanket, and you will only sit on this specific blanket, and it makes you happy. No one wants to make you unhappy ever again, not after our prolonged, cruel absence.
5) “When I went away, it was a mistake.”
Even though college is the best time we’ve had in a while, we won’t be telling our pets that. We tell them stories about how terrible it is that we’ve gone away and how horrible the place everyone calls “college” turned out to be.
6) “In fact, they made me go.”
Blaming our absence on our parents is the smartest route to take. It leads to the sweetest form of pet affection, and it gives them reasons to forgive us. Especially if your pet is a cat.
7) “I will always be unhappy without you.”
Well, maybe this one is true.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Humor Articles
Recent DU News Articles
RECENT DU CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of Colorado at BoulderColorado State UniversityMetropolitan State University of DenverUniversity of DenverUniversity of Northern ColoradoRegis UniversityColorado CollegeUniversity of Colorado at DenverFort Lewis CollegeColorado School of MinesWestwood CollegeUniversity of Colorado at Colorado SpringsAdams State CollegeColorado Christian UniversityColorado State University-PuebloColorado Technical UniversityColorado Technical University OnlineJones International UniversityColorado Mesa UniversityNaropa UniversityThe Art Institute of ColoradoUnited States Air Force AcademyUniversity of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences CenterWestern State College of ColoradoAims Community CollegeColorado Mountain CollegeCommunity College of Aurora Community College of Denver Northeastern Junior College Pueblo Community College Academy of Natural Therapy IncAmerican Sentinel UniversityArgosy University-DenverAspen UniversityAuguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts-BoulderAveda Institute-DenverBel-Rea Institute of Animal TechnologyCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-Fort CollinsCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-GreeleyCollege of International Esthetics IncCollegeAmerica-Colorado SpringsCollegeAmerica-Fort CollinsColorado Academy of Veterinary TechnologyColorado Heights UniversityColorado School of Traditional Chinese MedicineColorado Technical University-Greenwood VillageConcorde Career College-AuroraDelta Montrose Technical CollegeDeVry University-ColoradoEcotech InstituteEmily Griffith Technical CollegeEmpire Beauty School-AuroraEmpire Beauty School-LittletonEverest College-AuroraEverest College-Colorado SpringsHealing Arts InstituteHeritage College-DenverIliff School of TheologyInstitute of Taoist Education and AcupunctureIntellitec College-Colorado SpringsIntellitec College-Grand JunctionIntellitec Medical InstituteInternational Salon and Spa AcademyITT Technical Institute-WestminsterJohnson & Wales University-DenverLincoln College of Technology-DenverMontage AcademyMontessori Casa InternationalMontessori Education Center of the RockiesNational American University-Colorado SpringsNational American University-Colorado Springs SouthNational American University-DenverNational Beauty CollegeNational Personal Training Institute of ColoradoNazarene Bible CollegeNew Dimensions Beauty Academy IncOtero Junior CollegePickens Technical CollegePikes Peak Community CollegePima Medical Institute-AuroraPlatt College-AuroraPrince Institute-Rocky MountainsRedstone CollegeRegency Beauty Institute-Fort CollinsRocky Vista UniversityRolf Institute of Structural IntegrationThe Salon Professional Academy-Grand JunctionTrinidad State Junior CollegeUnited Beauty CollegeUniversity of the RockiesUtah College of Massage Therapy-AuroraUtah College of Massage Therapy-WestminsterYeshiva Toras Chaim Talmudical Seminary
- By State
- By City