8 Holiday-Themed Scholarships You Can Apply For
Tis’ the season for sugar plum cakes and scholarships!
The holidays are just around the corner. Turkey and dressing and family and friends are on most of our minds right now. And with Christmas with its reindeer and candy canes not too far away, it can be easy to forget that the new school year will be here sooner than we think.
What better way to get into the holiday spirit than plenty of opportunities to pay for school through generous scholarships. If you do, you’ll have more time to spend doing the things you love for more holidays to come.
Here are some holiday-themed scholarships that you can take a look at and consider applying for before the next school year gets into full swing.
1. Create-A-Greeting Card Scholarship Contest
The award here is $10,000 and the deadline is March 2, 2017. The Gallery Collection presents this award to students in high school, college, university, or homeschool. Finalists are decided by voting and the primary requirement is to submit original photo, artwork or computer graphics for the front of a greeting card.
More information may be found as well as the application here: http://www.gallerycollection.com.
2. Audrey Medford-National Wild Turkey Federation Art Scholarship
While the award here is only $150, every little bit helps when you’re in college. The deadline is November 15 of each year. The main requirement is to submit an original piece of wildlife-themed artwork in any form of media to be put on display or sold to help raise funds for the scholarship.
More information is available here: https://angelina.academicworks.com.
3. The National Wild Turkey Federation’s Dr. James Early Kennamer Academic Scholarship
Only high school senior graduates are eligible for this award. The application deadline is January 1. A brief essay is required describing your commitment to conservation and preserving the foundation’s heritage of hunting. There is also a number of eligibility requirements and it is very selective in its eligibility process.
You can check out this award as well as the full PDF form here: https://www.nwtf.org.
4. Virginia Christmas Tree Growers Association Scholarship
As a group of professional growers of Christmas trees, the Virginia Christmas Tree Growers Association is highly interested in expanding the farming industry in this area. The scholarships aim to support research and education in this area. The award offered is two $1,000 educational scholarships presented each year to students majoring in forestry and horticulture. Like previous ones, an essay is required from applicants.
The application and instructions are available here: http://www.virginiachristmastrees.org.
5. NCTA Help Santa Find the Perfect Real Christmas Tree
Christmas trees are a big deal and for $5,000 or $10,000 scholarships, it could be an even bigger deal for you and your college tuition. Kids ages 6 to 18 have a chance to submit an essay in 300 words explaining why they think their tree is the perfect Real Christmas tree and submit a family photo. Along with exciting prizes and the cash scholarships, winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip to Orlando, Florida for four people. The contest runs from November 1 through December 31.
A PDF is available here: http://www.napsnet.com.
6. Bessemer Pumpkinfest Committee Annual Scholarship
The award here is $500 and the deadline varies. Applicants must be active in service in your community and be a resident of Gogebic or Ontonagon County, Michigan, or Iron County, Wisconsin, to be eligible for this award.
More information is available here: http://www.bessemerpumpkinfest.com.
7. Veterans of Foreign Wars’ Voice of Democracy Audio Essay Competition
Thinking about 4th of July already? The essay theme for this scholarship is “My Responsibility to America.” It is an audio-essay competition open to students in high school. The award for the national winner is $30,000. The first place winner from each VFW Department state will be awarded $1,000 and a trip paid in full to Washington, DC. The 2017 competition opens early in the year.
Apply for this scholarship now: http://www.vfw.org.
8. Scholarship Points $1,000 Happy New Year Scholarship
Begin the new year on the right foot by earning points to be applied to a $1,000 drawing. The winner is announced each February.
Scholarship Points also offers other fun scholarships to look into:
Wrap It Up Scholarship — $1,000 — December 1
Gingerbread Housing Scholarship — $1,000 — December 1
Frosty the Doughman Scholarship — $1,000 — December 1
Check out the official rules here: https://www.scholarshippoints.com.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
DU SCHOLARSHIPS LISTINGSSee all DU Scholarships Listings
DU Scholarships Listings
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
MOST POPULAR DU NEWS
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of Colorado at BoulderColorado State UniversityMetropolitan State University of DenverUniversity of DenverUniversity of Northern ColoradoRegis UniversityColorado CollegeUniversity of Colorado at DenverFort Lewis CollegeColorado School of MinesWestwood CollegeUniversity of Colorado at Colorado SpringsAdams State CollegeColorado Christian UniversityColorado State University-PuebloColorado Technical UniversityColorado Technical University OnlineJones International UniversityColorado Mesa UniversityNaropa UniversityThe Art Institute of ColoradoUnited States Air Force AcademyUniversity of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences CenterWestern State College of ColoradoAims Community CollegeColorado Mountain CollegeCommunity College of Aurora Community College of Denver Northeastern Junior College Pueblo Community College Academy of Natural Therapy IncAmerican Sentinel UniversityArgosy University-DenverAspen UniversityAuguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts-BoulderAveda Institute-DenverBel-Rea Institute of Animal TechnologyCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-Fort CollinsCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-GreeleyCollege of International Esthetics IncCollegeAmerica-Colorado SpringsCollegeAmerica-Fort CollinsColorado Academy of Veterinary TechnologyColorado Heights UniversityColorado School of Traditional Chinese MedicineColorado Technical University-Greenwood VillageConcorde Career College-AuroraDelta Montrose Technical CollegeDeVry University-ColoradoEcotech InstituteEmily Griffith Technical CollegeEmpire Beauty School-AuroraEmpire Beauty School-LittletonEverest College-AuroraEverest College-Colorado SpringsHealing Arts InstituteHeritage College-DenverIliff School of TheologyInstitute of Taoist Education and AcupunctureIntellitec College-Colorado SpringsIntellitec College-Grand JunctionIntellitec Medical InstituteInternational Salon and Spa AcademyITT Technical Institute-WestminsterJohnson & Wales University-DenverLincoln College of Technology-DenverMontage AcademyMontessori Casa InternationalMontessori Education Center of the RockiesNational American University-Colorado SpringsNational American University-Colorado Springs SouthNational American University-DenverNational Beauty CollegeNational Personal Training Institute of ColoradoNazarene Bible CollegeNew Dimensions Beauty Academy IncOtero Junior CollegePickens Technical CollegePikes Peak Community CollegePima Medical Institute-AuroraPlatt College-AuroraPrince Institute-Rocky MountainsRedstone CollegeRegency Beauty Institute-Fort CollinsRocky Vista UniversityRolf Institute of Structural IntegrationThe Salon Professional Academy-Grand JunctionTrinidad State Junior CollegeUnited Beauty CollegeUniversity of the RockiesUtah College of Massage Therapy-AuroraUtah College of Massage Therapy-WestminsterYeshiva Toras Chaim Talmudical Seminary
- By State
- By City