5 Feelings You Experience Before Graduation, as Told by the Gilmore Girls
Spring semester, senior year of college stirs up feelings of anxiety, excitement, fear, sadness, and much more. You are leaving your home of four years while starting your life in the real world where you can live on your own terms.
These are all emotions that I have been grappling with recently. To more accurately depict this time in a student’s life, here are five feelings you experience before graduation, as told by the Gilmore Girls.
1. Realizing that applying to jobs absolutely, positively sucks
Not only is finding jobs that you are interested in on a multitude of websites a feat in itself but applying to them is a whole other process. While your resume stays the same, writing a new cover letter for each one becomes tedious and stressful. What if I don’t write the correct company name? Did I spell everything correctly? What if something isn’t grammatically correct? Additionally, you can apply to five jobs every day for months and still not have a job. Rory is right, it just sucks.
2. Feeling pressure from your parents to get a successful job and move out
Wanting to please your parents adds a whole new level of pressure to the job hunt. They always want the best for you, but that also means getting a job right out of college, making good money, and providing for yourself the second that diploma is in your hand. No pressure right?
3. Getting turned down, or not even hearing back from the companies you applied to
Getting your first “you’re not the right fit” email can be crushing, but after the fifth or so you must find it comical in order to survive. Getting turned down is part of the process and while it does hurt, you must keep going and apply to more jobs!
4. Trying to forget you have applied to over 50 jobs and still have not landed one
Similar to feeling number 3, you have to cope with rejection and while we are young and 21 no one is stopping you from pouring a glass of wine to ease the stress.
5. Re-motivating yourself because you still want to succeed
After all of the frustration and stress, let’s be honest, you still want to be successful! Hold onto your hopes and dreams and keep pushing forward. You don’t want to later regret giving up your dreams and settling for a job you will be miserable doing for the rest of your life!
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
DU JOB LISTINGSSee all DU Job Listings
DU Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of Colorado at BoulderColorado State UniversityMetropolitan State University of DenverUniversity of DenverUniversity of Northern ColoradoRegis UniversityColorado CollegeUniversity of Colorado at DenverFort Lewis CollegeColorado School of MinesWestwood CollegeUniversity of Colorado at Colorado SpringsAdams State CollegeColorado Christian UniversityColorado State University-PuebloColorado Technical UniversityColorado Technical University OnlineJones International UniversityColorado Mesa UniversityNaropa UniversityThe Art Institute of ColoradoUnited States Air Force AcademyUniversity of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences CenterWestern State College of ColoradoAims Community CollegeColorado Mountain CollegeCommunity College of Aurora Community College of Denver Northeastern Junior College Pueblo Community College Academy of Natural Therapy IncAmerican Sentinel UniversityArgosy University-DenverAspen UniversityAuguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts-BoulderAveda Institute-DenverBel-Rea Institute of Animal TechnologyCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-Fort CollinsCheeks International Academy of Beauty Culture-GreeleyCollege of International Esthetics IncCollegeAmerica-Colorado SpringsCollegeAmerica-Fort CollinsColorado Academy of Veterinary TechnologyColorado Heights UniversityColorado School of Traditional Chinese MedicineColorado Technical University-Greenwood VillageConcorde Career College-AuroraDelta Montrose Technical CollegeDeVry University-ColoradoEcotech InstituteEmily Griffith Technical CollegeEmpire Beauty School-AuroraEmpire Beauty School-LittletonEverest College-AuroraEverest College-Colorado SpringsHealing Arts InstituteHeritage College-DenverIliff School of TheologyInstitute of Taoist Education and AcupunctureIntellitec College-Colorado SpringsIntellitec College-Grand JunctionIntellitec Medical InstituteInternational Salon and Spa AcademyITT Technical Institute-WestminsterJohnson & Wales University-DenverLincoln College of Technology-DenverMontage AcademyMontessori Casa InternationalMontessori Education Center of the RockiesNational American University-Colorado SpringsNational American University-Colorado Springs SouthNational American University-DenverNational Beauty CollegeNational Personal Training Institute of ColoradoNazarene Bible CollegeNew Dimensions Beauty Academy IncOtero Junior CollegePickens Technical CollegePikes Peak Community CollegePima Medical Institute-AuroraPlatt College-AuroraPrince Institute-Rocky MountainsRedstone CollegeRegency Beauty Institute-Fort CollinsRocky Vista UniversityRolf Institute of Structural IntegrationThe Salon Professional Academy-Grand JunctionTrinidad State Junior CollegeUnited Beauty CollegeUniversity of the RockiesUtah College of Massage Therapy-AuroraUtah College of Massage Therapy-WestminsterYeshiva Toras Chaim Talmudical Seminary
- By State
- By City